[visit-developers] Ghost zones on rectilinear data?

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Mon Oct 13 16:50:53 EDT 2008

Question: I know for rectilinear data we still use the avtGhostZone
array to signify ghost zones.

And, I know that we have some things like "base index" and "group #"
encoded into field data.

But do we have anything that signifies the begin/end index of ghost
zones in a logical index fashion?  And if so, can I trust it later in
the pipeline?

(I see avtRealDims, but that doesn't appear to contain the ghost zone
indexes -- at least not correctly as far as I can tell -- bigsil.silo
has ghost zones, but its avtRealDims is [0 8 0 8 0 8] for all domains.
Either that, or I'm not understanding what avtRealDims is telling me.)

--

Jeremy Meredith

Oak Ridge National Laboratory