[visit-developers] BoxLib fortran compiler

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Mon Oct 6 17:44:36 EDT 2008

Hi all,

On a few machines now, I've had issues getting build_visit to get
through building BoxLib.  Turns out the issue is that most modern
Linux distributions have moved to gcc4, which uses the `gfortran'
fortran compiler instead of the `g77' compiler.

An unrelated issue is that I need `-fPIC' in my cxxflags for my
current main workstation.

Attached is a patch which changes both of these.  I ask whether this
is okay pre-commit because it will *break* build_visit for BoxLib
users which have g77 but not gfortran.

Any other review is welcome too, of course.

Thanks,

-tom