[visit-developers] [NCCS-vis] PIL tool to extract alpha channel

Meredith, Jeremy S. jsmeredith at ornl.gov
Wed Oct 1 15:48:28 EDT 2008

Ah, nice to have that encapsulated, thanks!

Just as a reminder, IIRC values with low opacity lose a lot of accuracy
when determining their original color. This typically doesn't matter
since you often want to re-composite anyway, and their low opacity means
the accuracy loss has little impact, but it's worth mentioning because
it can impact other uses.

--
Jeremy Meredith
Oak Ridge National Laboratory