[c3-users] virtual clusters / meta clusters.

olivier.lahaye1 at free.fr olivier.lahaye1 at free.fr
Wed Mar 19 06:15:36 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm sysadmin for 2 clusters and a few other systems.

I wonder if I can use virtual clusters to run commands on all my systems in one shot using the :cluster syntax (from my NIS+storage server)?

Like
cluster all {
me # the head would be the system I'm running on
:cluster1 # nodes from cluster1
:cluster2 # nodes from cluster2
cluster_head1
cluster_head2
buildsystem1
buildsystem2
nagios
}

That would allow to avoid redefining cluster1 and cluster2 on this host as they are already defined on the head of respective clusters.

If not then, what is the differences between :
- running c3 commond using a virtual cluster
- using ssh to remote head to run a c3 command?

Best regards,

Olivier.

--
Olivier LAHAYE