[c3-users] C3 and non-standard ssh port

Thomas Naughton naughtont at ornl.gov
Sun Sep 29 14:04:02 EDT 2013

Hi Hasibur,

I believe you should be able to set the "C3_RSH" environment variable and
it will use that to access the non-standard SSH port.

   tjn at node0:~$ export C3_RSH='ssh -p 9999 '
   tjn at node0:~$ cexec :1 hostname
   ************************* oscar_cluster *************************
   --------- node1---------
   ssh: connect to host node1 port 9999: Connection refused

The above failure indicates that it tried to use the non-standard
port 9999 to connect to my "node1", which failed b/c that's not how
the system is configured.

Note, you'll need to make sure that the "C3_RSH" environment variable is
loaded before running any C3 commands.

Cheers,
--tjn

   Thomas Naughton                                      naughtont at ornl.gov
   Research Associate                                   (865) 576-4184