[c3-users] C3 v5.1.0 released

Thomas Naughton naughtont at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 7 11:09:29 EST 2011

Hello,

We have released a new version of C3 (c3-5.1.0).

    http://www.csm.ornl.gov/torc/c3/C3softwarepage.shtml

The main changes in this release include:

  Version 5.1.0
   + Fix the man path for Debian packages.
   + Include a new binary packages for contrib.
   + Update the contrib/c3_conf_manager script so we can add and remove
     nodes from a given cluster
   + Fix bug causing large output to hang cexec - thanks Erik Jacobson
     (see Ticket#17)
   + Require Python >= 2.4, migrate to subprocess module (see Ticket#16)
   + Fix ckillnode pid lookup with long process name (see Ticket#15)
   + Update copyright stamps to span proper years (2000-2011)

There are also instructions on how to install C3 using utilities like
APT and YUM.

    http://www.csm.ornl.gov/torc/c3/C3network-install.shtml

Please, report any issues to C3-devel <c3-devel at ornl.gov>.

Thank you,